Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thinking about christmas and of course myself

Potsch was complaining to me the other day about how stores are really pushing this whole idea of "Christmas in July". I defended the retailers by stating that they are having a really hard time with the recession and are trying to find a way to not go out of business. I don't think stores should go all out with Christmas decor or start playing christmas carols but a few snow flakes and couple statues of Santa in shorts won't hurt any body. Potsch would not go for it. He claims they are scheming money grubbing capitalists. I say 6 of one and half dozen of the other. But it did get me thinking about christmas. How ironic that his temper tantrum just put me on their side. Ha.

I am about to inherate a large southern and German family when I marry Potsch next year. besides for more love this means more presents to get and give at christmas and more birthdays to remember. Adult gifts I don't stress out about too much until they go and get me something that is totally me and thought out. But kids and baby gifts I find difficult. i don't want to add to an already huge pile of toys but I also don't want to be the lame Aunt. So how do you rock the kids world with your big city ways and still have the parents feel safe with you influence?

I found Kido Nyc today. "Kid O is dedicated to enriching the play and learning experiences of preschool children at home. We provide families with the products, tools, and experiences they need to support their children's journey toward becoming life-long learners and confident, independent adults. Everything we do and sell communicates our belief that children are competent, rich in potential, and worthy of respect and beauty."

If they had a school I would enroll myself in it right now.

My question is - is this cool and fun for kids? is it worthy of being your one christmas gift from Aunt Kowli? (D. can't say Khali all the way yet. but who can really?)


Ofcourse i would have a cat toy included. I would probably buy this and then keep it for myself. hehehe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails