Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Childhood Simplicity Re-imagined

Yesterday I spent a lot of time roaming the internet for things I thought would tickle your fancy. I came up short. I was sad. But today is a new day and you deserve even more tickles cause your fancy is that much fancier!!! damn it!

So here we go:

I found this brilliant book Space Alphabet (1964) by Irene Zacks. Pictures by Peter P. Plasencia on Flickr. I fell in love. I am a super sucker for simple illustration. It is probably for the same reason why I love Charles Bukowski. The simplicity gves you just enough to let your mind run wild filling in all the blanks.
Anyway, point is....How great would these pages be as Table Numbers? I thought of spelling out Potsch/Khali and having a board at the front where you would find where your name and seat are and then you would get to roam around reading all the other letters.
You could also do this with any kids book. Take your favorite one and scan in the pages. Then print them and frame them or stand them tall on those restaurant card holders.





(side note: I would totally get any of those images as tattoos)

Another thing I thought was brilliant about this book was the color scheme. Big huge heart!
Also, a great idea for a wedding! Just think about how colorful and fun a "The Very Hungry Caterpiller" themed wedding would be! or "Good Night Moon" or "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". So many fun, sweet and nostalgic.


2 comments:

Cori Jessy- August and After said...

Awww... I love Good Night Moon. I miss reading that to my kiddies I nannied.

showfoodchef said...

I love this idea, and also with vintage kids books; alphabet ones lost and forgotten.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails