Friday, October 14, 2011

A real help

I have a couple of friends who are pregnant right along with me. Nicole is 5 weeks ahead and Sarah is 15 weeks ahead. Being a part of this soon to be mommy world is a super trip. There is so much info you need to learn and sort through. There is even learning how to help the right away as opposed to the in the way. One thing I had heard about from a mommy of a 21 month old is the idea of baby mooning - this not a trip you take before you think you can never take a trip again but rather a nice bit of alone time with you and the father and the new member to bond and connect before the rest of the family and friends come in with all their eager excitement. The other thing I learned from her was the idea of dropping off meals or giving clean up help with out requiring the parents to host or entertain you but rather you are just helping out of love and that's it.
So, I went on a search to make this food/clean/help plan a little easier for anyone who is interested. TAKE THEM A MEAL is the answer. It is an online customizable spread sheet where you can invite friends and family to sign up for what they can do. The site will even send a reminder email! And the service is free!!!
I will be setting this up today for Sarah and Clay and their almost here baby. So exciting!
This isn't just for baby parents. Think about your sick friend or an elderly neighbor who could use a little friendly help. I love the idea of connecting in a personal way with real life people again. Some how the Internet has brought so many of us closer and yet so far away. I am happy to see it is working in our favor to benefit our humanity and souls.

1 comment:

The Sentimental Suitcase said...

What a wonderful idea Khali! I have to check this out and see if it's available in Canada...my girlfriend is due Jan 14th.
XO
Sam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails