I love Sangria - specifically my friend Nicole's Sangria. Mmmm yum.
I found this as I was off dreaming and gazing at Forty-Sixty at Grace. Sounds amazing! Also, I LOVE anything with Chambord - the absolute best!
2 bottles of grenache based red wine
(or any wine you like really)
750 ml club soda
1/2 vanilla bean
2 cinnamon sticks
1 lemon (sliced)
1 cup fresh orange juice
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup fresh blackberries or marionberries
2 apples sliced
1/2 cup chambord
1. combine wine, sugar, chambord,
half of the blackberries, vanilla pod, orange juice,
cinnamon sticks and lemon together
and stir until sugar is mostly dissolved.
2. let stand in refridgerator for 2 - 24 hours.
3. before serving add the soda,
the sliced apples
and the remaining blackberries.
4. i think it's nice to serve it from an old bottle
with a pretty ladle
and lots of ice
into small glass lassie cups.
5. but, anything you like is just fine. enjoy!