Thursday, February 19, 2009

This morning I woke up to this article on Activate* :
It put me in a bit of hysterics.  I am all for embracing change and the wave of the future, but I stop cheering "Change" when that means no more printed book or magazines. Now, granted I understand that is is not a voluntary change this is a result of recession, it's just that I love holding books. I love just  having them around me in stacks.  I love to highlight through out them so that if a stranger were to pick it up and peruse they might learn a little bit about me. Potsch reminds that the same happened with records. And now look - they are all the rage again. It's just the thought of curling up in a comfy chair with a warm blanket to scroll through your kindle does not sound pleasant to me.
On the positive side think of how many trees we will save...I think that is the only positive.
Am I alone in this? Is there a better way to see it?  Please tell me what you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails