Wednesday, October 28, 2009

High Glitz

So beyond Amazing! I am posting a lot of these photos cause they just mesmerize me. What an strange life these little girls have. I was never in beauty pageants and I really don't know much about them other than what I see on "Tot's and Tiaras". Have you been in them? Do you know people who were? What is your adulthood like after that?
The photographer is Susan Anderson. I love when an artist can be conceptual and technically sound. She executes these images with the crispness off the subject. Glorious!

"Susan Anderson’s documentary portrait series, High Glitz, is shot on location at several of America’s child beauty pageants. Setting up her studio amidst the colorful spectacle, she captures the young girls at the height of their performance. Hours of preparation are spent on each child's appearance, and her camera records it all in graphic detail. Children’s pageants are a fascinating subculture, but more than anything they represent a strange microcosm of America itself. Our own values of beauty, success and glamour reflected in the dreams of thousands of young girls…"








2 comments:

margaret said...

this disturbs and fascinates me on so many levels.

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

WOW!, I'm sorry but these are all GROSS!!!!! Kids should be kids. Not kids trying to look 50! Ewww.. EEK.. AGHHH I'm so disturbed right now, I'm pretty sure that this lil' girls are lovely but A.LIT.TLE.LESS.MAKEUP.PLEAAAASEEEEEEE


Wheeew needed to get that out. Anyways, my former boss was a beauty pageant. She is stunningly beautiful. And I always have about 5 friends competing for the Miss Universe Pageant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails