Monday, May 18, 2009

Fully Inspired


I have been feeling the slow build of internal motivation over the past few weeks. It has been building and strengthening and burning. I am a big fan of that whole process. You can just feel yourself getting ready to attack something you have been wanting and waiting for. Well, today I have begun my attack and I could not feel better and more excited about it.

Last week I started looking into a personal trainer. I have always wanted a trainer who was focused on me and excited to kick my ass. I saved up for that purpose and I was finally ready to find my ass kicker. I tried a place in Pasadena where you make an appointment for one on one training in a training suite. The trainer gave me a good work out but then lost me when it came time for the expensive sales pitch. I get very picky when it comes to exercise people. I want to learn and be trained by someone I can respect because they LOVE what they do! It's like having a great Yoga teacher and then hearing they have road rage. That is just not the kinda yogini I want in my life. So I kept the search alive.

Today I met (after some funny emails ) Melody Schoenfeld of Flawless Fitness. She is perfect! She is fast and funny and loves what she does. She is strong and feminine and vegan and just awesome!

We had an assessment day and scheduled our first training session for tomorrow evening. I am not expecting to walk after that and that is awesome! Our energies just seemed to match up. I don't think I could ask for anything more. Also, she says she is excited to kick my ass.
( This is Melody kicking a big man's ass)

So, my new improved life begins now. I just went and spent a grip of cash at Trader Joe's so I could start myself off strong and prepared.

I am going to the dentist tomorrow which is something that scares me and I have not done in years.

I am also buying a new camera cause mine has been acting shady for sometime and as a professional photographer you can't have shady equipment.

And I am just struttin' my stuff with a big ass smile already. It feels so good to put yourself first. We are all worth that.

My mom loves the analogy of the airplane oxygen bag - You must first save yourself before you can help anyone else.

True dat, YO!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails