Monday, July 13, 2009

The 90's are back

At the Hollywood Bowl last night I noticed a surprising number of Doc Marten's. They were worn slouchy and un-tied. And then today I see that American Apparel is selling, and heavily advertising, SCRUNCHIES!!! I am confused. I guess that means I am older now. I am an actual full blooded adult. The fashions of my childhood and teen years have come full circle. I was always told the rule is - If you wore it the first time around then you don't get to wear it the second time. I am frightened to admit this but there is a part of me that longs for the scrunchy. It was soft, colorful and did not damage hair AND it could be worn as a very cool bracelet. But in the case of the faux army boot and plush hair tie I think I must stay away.
Wasn't Fergie around the first time?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails