Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moldy Commercials?

I have always had a nice soft moldy place in my heart for the Moldy Peaches. I was thrilled that they were such a feature of Juno but I have to say that I am incredibly surprised at how their sound and style is taking over the commercial world. First I heard it in the new Atlantis Hotel Resort commercial with reworked "lame" vacation lyrics and tonight I heard it along with a very random though interesting commercial for Comcast - again with new lyrics but definitely their style. I am not one to say "they sold out!" in fact I am glad for Kimya Dawson and Adam Green and I hope they are making money from all this. But let us not forget where it came from.
(yes, i know this clip is from the View - you know what I mean)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails