Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Morning

Sometimes my little family can make it so hard to get out of bed. Today was one of those. So I decided I would get up and make Potsch breakfast in bed.

For some reason I really wanted to make "toad in a hole". I have never made these before but figured "hey, I;m from the South. T in the H is like a staple down there. How hard can it be?" Well, my intentions were there and they were good and loving. Things started off pretty good. I decided to use butter cause that is what they do in the south. I don't usually cook with butter. I did not know it can burn really fast especially when you use high heat.

Nothing like waking up to a house full of smoke and the sweet smell of black burnt food.

So I tried again with oil. Success! it was even yummy! It turned out to be more like breakfast at desk but Potsch loved it and was thankful. And we got to open up all the window - like it was Spring time- so we could get the smoke cloud to clear.

Snack-
I felt bad for wasting the burnt food so I saved the centers of the bread for something. Potsch thought I was weird. But you know what, at the end of the day when I wanted a nice yummy snack I popped those babies into the toaster and covered them in the best Plum Chai Jam ever! Ah, brilliance.

4 comments:

Bad Kid Productions said...

I'm a crazy toad in the hole addict.
Here's what I recommend (not that you asked):
butter. but low-medium heat. Always low-med with eggs. Butter the shiz out of the bread. Use a dixie cup to make the perfect sized hole. Butter the shiz out of your pan. Crack the egg in and position the hole over the yolk.
While the egg is cooking, fry the shiz out of your "hole" in more butter on the side.
Yes - its that good :)

Bad Kid Productions said...

Ps: mmmmmm chai plum jam..... *drools*

TEENIE said...

Haha... love the update... and love that we will be seeing you two TOMORROW!!!

Unknown said...

I remember disastrous attempts of making breakfast for JP. Omeletes turning into mush or a sort of ham and cheese mix with a slight hint of egg :-)

That's when the saying "it's the thought that counts" comes in.

P.S.
The picture with the cats is absolutely adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails