Friday, June 12, 2009

Romeo and Juliet

When I was in High School I used to go to this coffee shop in Hermosa Beach called "Sponda" and listened to the open mic performers and wished I knew how to play guitar. One of my favorite and by far the most moving of singers was a girl I went to school with (and who later beat me out for Prom Queen - Oh the wounds run deep - HA) by the name of Alexis Gatch. She was amazing! She had an energy about her that I still find rare. She was beautiful and positive and loving and I was so intimidated by her. Anyway, she used to play this song "Romeo and Juliet" and being the drama queen that I am I would cry and cry (in the middle of the coffee shop). I never knew where that song was from until recently - thanks again to Pandora and my Elvis Costello station. Dire Straits " Romeo and Juliet" off the Making Movies Album.
Today I discovered the video. Oh my goodness it is the gem of all gems. Please watch and enjoy and maybe pick up a few style and acting tips.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails